The RICS Home Survey – Level 3
Choose this report if dealing with a large, older or run-down property, a building that is unusual or altered, or if you’re planning major works.
It costs more than the other RICS reports because it gives detailed information about the structure and fabric of the property.
This service includes:
• A detailed visual inspection of the building, its services and the grounds. The inspection is more extensive than a survey level two
• Concealed areas normally opened or used by the occupiers are inspected if it is safe to do so (typical examples include roof spaces, basements and cellars)
• Although the services are not tested, they are observed in normal operation – in other words, they are switched on or off and/or operated where the occupier has given permission and it is safe to do so.
The report objectively describes the form of construction and materials used for different parts of the property. It describes the condition and provides an assessment of the relative importance of the defects/problems.
• Describes the identifiable risk of potential or hidden defects in areas not inspected
• Proposes the most probable cause(s) of the defects based on the inspection
• Outline the likely scope of any appropriate remedial work and explain the likely consequences of non-repair
• Make general recommendations in respect of the priority and likely timescale for necessary work.
The surveyor may also be able to provide an estimate of costs for identified repairs if agreed with you in advance.
Take a look at our survey quick comparison or call us for further information.
Alternatively you can also head over to our Quotes page for a no obligation, personalised quote.